CUSB observes Swachh Bharat Pakhwada during September 01-15, 2016
Under the supervision of Centre for Environmental Science (EVS), assistant professor Dr. Prashant the 15 days long Swachh Bharat Pakhwada (Cleanliness Drive Fortnight) was observed in the University during September 1 – 15, 2016. Before flagging off the cleanliness drive the Vice-Chancellor Prof. H.C.S Rathore spoke about the significance of cleanliness in lives of human beings. Of course, under the fortnight campaign for these 15 days we would ensure to keep our University’s premises including offices, lecture hall, parking, etc. neat and clean, but let us try to continue the cleanliness drive after the fortnight as well. Finishing his talk on quite alarming note, the VC said that if we would not be serious now towards harzards caused due to lack of cleanliness, then in the coming years the environment would be more polluted and living situation may be very difficult for human beings on the earth. After the speech the Vice-Chancellor inaugurated the swachchta sharamdan event, which was joined by the faculty, students and staff. Other cleanliness based events were organised during 15 days pakhwada are as per the below list:-
Activities undertaken at CUSB during Swachh Bharat Pakhwada
- Slogan / Nara writing on issues related to swachhta / cleanliness (Hindi / English). The selected slogans / swachhata message displayed on the University website with the name of the teacher / students / staff.
- Shramdan for swachhata by teachers / staff/ students of CUSB, Patna campus on occasion of teachers day.
- Presentations, drawing / painting
- Teachers inspected cleanliness of classroom/ lab/ canteen/ hostels and hold meeting with the stakeholders to maintain and encourage cleanliness.
- Weeding out old files / files covers in due accordance with the rules
- Sanitation drive near by Students study circle – Renaissance, involving the local community
- Speech on Swachh Bharat Mission
- Holding discussion among the students to promote cleanliness and to bring new ideas
- Audiovisual programme / Movie Screening on Sanitation & Hygiene to motivate students and employees for maintaining cleanliness.
- Meeting with safaimitras of the University to create awareness about cleanliness.
- Teachers inspected sanitary facilities of the university and plan encourage cleanliness and waste management.
- Street play on Swachhata by Students study circle – Renaissance
- Pledge for swachhata