Topic: “Property rights, Competition and Unorganised sector in India”
M.A. Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economic Studies and Policy, School of Social Sciences and Policies, Central University of South Bihar (Since September 2013).
- Assistant Professor, Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Symbiosis International University, Pune. (August, 2009 –August 2013)
- Junior Lecturer, Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Symbiosis International University, Pune. (July, 2007to August, 2009)
- Research Associate, National Council of Applied Economic Research, (NCAER), New Delhi (December, 2006 –June, 2007).
Research (in APA Style)
- Publications : 12
He has published papers in journals such as Economic and Political Weekly, Artha Vijanana and working papers in the society of Policy Modeling, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Review of Economics and Development Studies and Journal of Psychology.
- Kumar, A., Mathur, R., & Hatekar, N. (2008). The Demographic Basis of the ‘Middle Class’ in Maharashtra, 1900-1950. Artha Vijanana. Vol.L, No.4.
- Kumar, A., Mathur, R., & Hatekar, N. (2009). The Making of the Middle Class in Western India: Age at Marriage for Brahmin Women (1900-1950). Economic and Political Weekly. vol xliv no 21.
- Sharma, A., Hatekar, N., Kumar, A. (2011). Causality between Prices, Output and Money in India: An Empirical Investigation in the Frequency Domain. http://www.econmodels.com/public/dbArticles.php, a peer reviewed web journal of Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier.
- Kumar, A., Mathur, R., & Hatekar, N. (2012). Paanwalas in Mumbai: Property Rights, Social Capital and Informal Sector Livelihood. Economic and Political Weekly. 90-96.
- Hatekar, N., Kumar, A., & More, K. (2015). Determinants of Women’s Labour Supply in Urban Unorganised Sector in Mumbai. The Indian Journal of Labour Economics. Springer 57(2) 243.
- Sheikh, M. R., Kattumuri, R., Chaudhry, I. S., & Kumar, A. (2019). What Determines Bilateral Trade Flows? Evidence from ECO Region. Review of Economics and Development Studies. 5(1) 165-182.
- Deurkar, P., Kumar N., Kumar A. (2021). Does happiness affect decision making in goal setting, risk taking, and profitability situations? The International Journal of Indian Psychology. Volume 9. Issue 1, Jan- March.
- Visiting Fellow (Sir Ratan Tata Fellow), The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) (October 2017-June 2018).
- Received recognition as “President’s Inspired Teacher” and Invited by the Hon’ble Pressident of India to attend “The Inspired Teachers In-Residence Programme at Rashtrapati Bhawan” from 06-12 June 2015.
- 20 th Dewang Mehta Business School Awards for “Best Professor in Economics”-2012.