Activities & Others
- District‐wise & University wise NSS Programme Officers meetings are convened at every year for planning of NSS activities.
- NSS Advisory Board Meetings are convened 02 times every year for sanctioning the budget and planning other innovative activities.
- District‐wise youth leadership camps are organized every year.
- NSS Female Youth Workshop is organized for every year. This is the unique and permanent feature of this University.
- Annual Planning Meeting and Evaluation Workshop for N.S.S. Programme Officer is organized every year.
- Arts of living camps are organized in every district.
- University gives more stress on AIDS awareness programme to create the awareness amongst N.S.S. Volunteers and the community regarding to this deadly disease.
- Blood donation camps are arranged in every year and collected blood is given to certified blood bank. List of blood donors is prepared to provide blood for emergency patients.
Finance and Accounts :
- Out of Rs. 250/‐, an amount of Rs. 25/‐ per volunteer is spent on establishment/administration expenses at University level.
- Similarly, an amount of Rs. 225/‐ per volunteer is incurred on establishment at college level.
- Balance of Rs. 25/‐ is spent on Programme development at grass root level.
- Universities may give preference to such NSS volunteers in matters of admission, promotion and other privileges as decided by them.
- NSS volunteers should be honoured at university level for their excellent and outstanding work in NSS. The universities may prepare guidelines for such incentives.
- The states may also institute state level/district level awards for outstanding NSS volunteers.
- NSS volunteers may be nominated for Indira Gandhi Awards at National Level.
NSS Day :
National Service Scheme (NSS) was introduced in 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service. Every year, NSS day is observed on September 24 across the Nation. The National Service Scheme was officially launched in 1969, the birth centenary year of Mahatma Gandhi. Therefore, this day is celebrated every year as NSS Day with suitable programmes and events.
NSS Activities :
(all the activities related NSS)