Assistant Professor at Rajiv Gandhi south Campus, Banaras Hindu University, Mirzapur (2012-2016) and Research Scientist-I at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranchi (2019-2020)
My research work is centred on exploring therapeutic leads from standardised extracts of plants and synthesised molecules for various ailments using particularly neurological disorders using validated in- vivo, in -vitro and in- silico models.
- Singh GK, Garabadu D, Muruganandam AV, Joshi VK, Sairam K. Antidepressant activity ofAsparagus racemosus in rodent models. Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior. 2009, 91:283– 290. [impact factor 2.800].
- Singh GK, Kumar V. Acute And sub-chronic toxicity study of standardised extract of Fumariaindicain rodents. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2011, 134: 992–995. [impact factor 3.690].
- Ojha R, Sahu AN, Muruganandam AV, Singh GK, Sairam K. Asparagus recemosusenhances memory and protects against amnesia in rodent models. Brain and Cognition. 2010, 74: 1–9. [impact factor 2.508].
- Singh GK, Chauhan SK, Rai G, Chatterjee SS, Kumar V. Potential antianxiety activity of Fumariaindica: A preclinical study. Pharmacognosy Magazine. 2013, 9(33):14-22. [impact factor1.310].
- Kundu A, Ghosh A, Singh NK, Singh GK, Seth A, Maurya SK, Hemlatha S, Laloo D. Wound healing activity of ethanol root extract and polyphenolic rich fraction of Potentila fulgens. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2016, 54(11): 2383-2393. [impact factor 3.000].
- Singh RB, Singh GK, Chaturvedi K, Kumar D, Singh SK, Zaman MK. Design, synthesis, characterization, and molecular modeling studies of novel oxadiazole derivatives of nipecotic acid as potential anticonvulsant and antidepressant agents. 2017. Med Chem Res. DOI 10.1007/s00044-017-2047-y. [impact factor 1.783].
- Singh RB, Das N, Singh GK, Singh SK, Zaman MK. Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of 3-[5-(aryl-[1,3,4]oxadiazole-2-yl]-piperidine derivatives as anticonvulsant and antidepressant agents. Arabian Journal of Chemistry. 2020, 13(5): 5299-5311. [impact factor 4.762].
- Singh GK, Rai G, Chatterjee SS, Kumar V. Anti-aggressive, brain neurotransmitters and receptor binding study of Fumaria indica in rodents. Current Psychopharmacology. 2012,1:195-202.
- Singh GK, Kumar V. Neuropharmacological screening and lack of antidepressant activity of standardized extract of Fumaria indica: A preclinical study. Electronic Journal of Pharmacology and Therapy. 2010, 3:19-28.
- Dhar A, Maurya SK, Singh GK, Singh MK, Seth A. Preliminary Screening of a Classical Ayurvedic Formulation for Anticonvulsant Activity. Ancient Science of Life. 2016, 36(1):28-34.
- Singh GK, Chauhan SK, Rai G, Kumar V. Fumaria indica is safe during chronic toxicity and cytotoxicity: A preclinical study. Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmaco therapeutics. 2011, 2(3): 191-192.
- Singh GK, Rai G, Chatterjee SS, Kumar V. Beneficial effects of Fumariaindicaon chronic stress- induced neurobehavioral and biochemical perturbations in rats. Chinese Medicine. 2012, 3: 49- 60.
- Singh GK, Rai G, Chatterjee SS, Kumar V. Effects of ethanolic extract of Fumaria indicaL. on rat cognitive dysfunctions. AYU. 2013, 34(4):421-429.
- Srikanth I, Shakya A, Singh GK, Kumar V. Role of hyperforin in diabetes and its associated hyperlipidemia in rats. TANG, 2012, 2(3):e25.
- Singh YP, Rai H, Singh G, Singh GK, Mishra S, Kumar S, Srikrishna S, Modi G. A review on ferulic acid and analogs based scaffolds for the management of Alzheimer’s disease. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry 215 (2021) 113278. [impact factor 5.57].
- Patel K, Laloo D, Singh GK, Gadewar M, Patel DK. A review on medicinal uses, analytical techniques and pharmacological activities of Strychnosnux-vomica Linn. - A concise report. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2017. DOI- 10.1007/s11655-016-2514-1 [impact factor1.434].
- Patel K, Singh GK, Patel DK. A review on pharmacological and analytical aspects of naringenin. Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine. 2014, 24(7):551-560 [impact factor1.434].
Chapter in book- Biochemical mechanism involved in neuro-psychopharmacological profile of a hydro alchoholic Fumaria indicaextract. Gireesh Kumar Singh, Geeta Rai, Shyam Sundar Chatterjee, Vikas Kumar. In: Traditional Medicines and Globalization- The Future of ancient System of Medicine. 2012, pp-632-644, Maven Publisher. ISBN- 978-81-926243-0-3Book :
Medicinal Plants of Veterinary Importance of Vindhya Region. Gireesh Kumar Singh, DamikiLaloo, Narendra Kumar Singh, Anil Kumar Singh, Guru Prasad Singh. Veer Bahadur Publication, Varanasi- ISBN: 978-81-921361-8-1.