Specialization :Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Fluoro-Organic Chemistry
EXPERIENCE : 13 Years 9 Months
- July 2016 to continue: Senior Assistant Professor, Grade-11,
Central University of South Bihar, Gaya, Bihar.
- September 2013-July 2016: Assistant Professor, Central
University of South Bihar, Gaya, Bihar.
- May 2009-August 2013: Postdoctoral Fellow, Ewha Womans
University, Seoul, South Korea.
- March 2008-April 2009: Assistant Professor, Tata College,
Chaibasa, Ranchi University, Jharkhand.
The introduction of a fluorine atom into an organic substrate can have a profound effect on its physical, chemical and biological properties. And this has been applied very successfully to the development of a number of fluorine containing pharmaceuticals. From the last few decades, there has been significant development of fluorine chemistry which leads to discovery of many drugs which has at least one fluorine atom in the molecule. So far, present 20% drugs belong to fluorinated drug category.
Despite importance of fluorinated compound, introduction of fluorine atom in organic molecule is very difficult. Although many methods have been developed in last twenty years, but we are still waiting for a reliable and universal method of introduction of fluorine in the organic molecule. And due to this ‘Fluorination Chemistry’ is one of the hot topics in synthetic organic chemistry.
- We have interest to develop mild, efficient and economical methods for the introduction of fluorine atom in Organic molecule.
- Methods will be utilised for the synthesis of fluorinated nucleosides, fluorinated aromatic compounds, peptidomimetic, and many more pharmaceutically important pharmacophores.
- We will also explore the fluorination Chemistry in crystal engineering and material science.
- S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine hydrolase: Its Inhibitory Activity against Plasmodium falciparum and Development of Malaria Drugs. Mini-Reviews in Medicinal Chemistry, 21, 7, 833-846, 2021. Impact Factor: 3.862.
- Molecular Complexity from Aromatics: Recent Advances in the Chemistry of paraQuinol and Masked para-Quinone Monoketal. ChemistrySelect, 5, 12885-12909, 2020. Impact Factor: 2.109.
- Design, synthesis and anticancer activity of ﬂuorocyclopentenyl-purines and pyrimidines. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 155, 404-417, 2018. Impact Factor: 6.514
- Stereo- and Regio-selective Synthesis of 3'-C-Substituted-(N)-methanocarbaadenosines as Potential Anticancer Agents. Organic Chemistry Frontiers, 3, 1472-1480, (2016). Impact Factor: 5.281
- Structure-Activity Relationships of Neplanocin A Analogues as S- Hydrolase Inhibitors and Their Antiviral and Antitumor Activities. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 58, 5108-5120 (2015). Impact Factor: 7.446
- Synthesis and Anti-Renal Fibrosis Activity of Conformationally Locked Truncated 2- Hexynyl-N6-Substituted-(N)-Methanocarba-nucleosides as A3 Adenosine Receptor Antagonists and Partial Agonists. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 57(4), 1344-1354 (2014). Impact Factor: 7.446
- Stereoselectiveive Synthesis of Fluoro-homoneplanocin A as a Potential Antiviral Agent. Organic Letters, 14, 2134-2137, (2012). Impact Factor: 6.005
- Fluorocyclopentenyl-cytosine with Broad Spectrum and Potent Antitumor Activity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 55, 4521-4525, (2012). Impact Factor: 7.446
- Structure Activity Relationship of Truncated C2- and C8- substituted adenosine derivatives as dual acting A 2A and A 3 adenosine receptors ligands. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 55, 342-356, (2012). Impact Factor: 7.446
- Stereoselective Synthesis of Conformationally Restricted 2′-C-Substituted Carbocyclic Nucleosides as Potential Antiviral Agents. Tetrahedron, 68, 1253-1261, (2012). Impact Factor: 2.457
- Improved Synthesis of DNA-dependent Protein Kinase Inhibitor (DNA-PK) IC86621. Archives of Pharmacal Research, 639-645, (2012). Impact Factor: 4.946
- Regio- and Stereoselective Synthesis of Truncated 3'-Aminocarbanucleosides and their Binding Affinity at the A3 Adenosine Receptor. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 9, 6955-6962, (2011). Impact Factor: 3.876
- A New DNA Building Block, 4′-Selenothymidine: Synthesis and Modification to 4′-Seleno- AZT as a Potential Anti-HIV Agent. Organic Letters, 12, 2242–2245, (2010). Impact Factor: 6.005
- Studies on cycloaddition of cyclohexa-2,4-dienones and transformation of adducts: A general, stereo selective route to multifunctional bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes and diquinanes. Synthesis, 17, 2719-2728, (2008). Impact Factor: 3.157
- Molecular complexity from aromatics. An efficient route to 1,8-dimethyl-5- spirocyclopropane tricycle [188.8.131.52.0 3,7 ]undec-10-one: A potential intermediate for synthesis of ceratopicanol. Synlett, 15, 2267-2270, (2008). Impact Factor: 2.454
- Aromatics to diquinanes: An Expedient Synthesis of tetramethyl bicyclo[3.3.0]octane framework of ptychanolide. Synlett, 15, 3111-3114, (2008). Impact Factor: 2.454
- Cycloaddition of 6-Hydroxy-6,6-Dimethylcyclohexa-2,4-dienones: A stereoselective entry into functionalized bicyclo[2.2.2]octanes and A Novel 1,2-Migration of Methyl group. Indian J. of Chem., B, 47B, 1886-1891, (2008). Impact Factor: 0.592
- Above article was highlighted in Cheminform. ChemInform, 2009 (24), 40
- Summer Research Fellowship Award, 2016, Science Academies-IASc-INSA-NASI
- Summer Research Fellowship Award, 2018, Science Academies-IASc-INSA-NASI
- Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India. 2004- 2007
- Junior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, India. 2002- 2004
- Qualified the National Eligibility Test 2001 (NET-Lectureship) conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grant Commission (UGC) of India.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2002 (GATE, 95.4 percentile).
- Qualified for the Shyama Prasad Mukherji Award Test (Not Final, SPM Test, Top 20% of the CSIR-UGC result).
- Qualified the interview for the selection of Lecturer by Jharkhand Public Service Commission.
- Qualified interview for the selection of students for admission in M.Tech. in the Department of Chemistry IIT- Delhi (Modern Methods of Instrumental Analysis)
- Qualified interview for the selection of students for admission in M.Tech. in Centre of Polymer Science in IIT- Delhi.
- New Generation of Fluoro Carbocyclic Nucleoside for the treatment of Hepatitis
- Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, under Fast Track Young Scientist Award scheme. Major Project: 21 Lakhs, 2014-2017. (Principal Investigator). Ongoing
- Rational approach of antibiotic discovery and development against, a Staphylococcus aureus Serine/ threonine Phosphatases (Stp1) protein: A novel target for Gram Positive Bacterial infections. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). 2020-2023. (Co-Principal Investigator).
- Assessment of components of nucleo-cytoplasmic import of Signal recognition particle and Screening of the import Inhibitors in P. falciparum. Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). 2020-2023. (Co-Principal Investigator).
- Development of herbicides against Acetyl Co-A Carboxylase to address resistance cross resistance in Phalaris minor: A weed of wheat crop field. Department of Biotechnology India (DBT). 2020-2023. (Co-Principal Investigator).