Specialization: Social Exclusion, Dalit Studies, Social Stratification, Research Methodology.
Experience: (Teaching/Research) More than 9 years
I joined in the Department of Sociological Studies in 2012.
My Ph.D. Thesis was on "Social Exclusion and Status Formation among Dalits: A Study of a Village and a Town in North Bihar". I have also written study materials of MA programme for University School of Open Learning, Punjab University, Chandigarh. As of now, I have published 08 research papers in various reputed journals such as Economic and Political Weekly, Social Action, Indian Anthropologist, Indian Journal of Dalits and Tribal Studies, Mainstream, etc. I am the Life Member (LMI3850) of Indian Sociological Studies (ISS), New Delhi. At present, I am supervising research scholars in the Department.
- Publications :
- Ram, Jitendra (2016). “Understanding Caste Hierarchy and Dalits in Bihar”, Indian Journal of Dalit and Tribal Studies, Vol-4, Issue1, January-June, 2016, Varanasi, ISSN:2348-1757, pp.19-41.
- Ram, Jitendra (2016). “Economic Development and Social Change of Dalits: A View from Bihar”, International Research Journal of Social Science and Humanities, 1(I) pp.23-8.
- Ram, Jitendra (2016). “Discrimination and Social Exclusion among Dalits in Rural Bihar”, Social Action (A UGC-CARE Approved Journal), October-December, Volume66, No.4, New Delhi, ISSN0037-7627, pp.376-89.
- Ram, Jitendra (2017). “Globalisation and Social Exclusion: A Perspective from Below”, Journal of Exclusion Studies, 2017, Volume-7, No. 2, August 2017, New Delhi, ISSN: 2231-4547, pp.257-69.
- Ram, Jitendra (2018). “Emerging New Social Status among Dalits in Bihar”, Economic and Political Weekly, (Notes), Vol. 53, Issue No. 11, 17 March 2018, Mumbai, ISSN: 0012-9976, Pp.64-69.
- Ram, Jitendra (2019). “From Stigma to Protest Movement: Tracing Dalits in Contemporary Period” Indian Anthropologist, Volume 49, Number 1, January –June 2019, ISSN:0970-0927, pp.37-50.
- Ram, Jitendra (2020). “Social Exclusion and Stigma during COVID-19 Pandemic: A Sociological Interpretation”, Mainstream (Online), Vol LVIII NO 47, New Delhi, November 7, 2020, ISSN: 2582-7316.
- Chapter in Edited Book:
- Ram, Jitendra (2017). “Caste Hierarchy and Dalits in the Era of Globalisation: A View from Bihar”, In Manish Kumar Verma (ed.) Globalisation, Social Justice and Sustainable Development in India, New Delhi: Gyan Publishing House. ISBN:978-81-212-1415-5, October 2017.
- Book Review:
- Ram, Jitendra (2020). Book Review on “Fractured Tales: Invisibles in Indian Democracy” by Badri Narayan, Social Action (A UGC-CARE Approved Journal), 70, NO. 04, October-December, New Delhi, pp.425-26, ISSN:0037-7627.