Specialization: Social Stratification, Dalit Studies, Social Exclusion and Inclusion, Rural Sociology, Political Sociology, Research Methods and Techniques.
Experience: Teaching and Research 7 years
My area of interest resides within the boundaries of rural-urban setting in which I usually focussed on power and social stratification issues, dimensions of social change, Issues related with social exclusion and Identity movements. However, I also have keen interest in gender issues and social upliftment.
- Pradhan, Parijat. Revisiting Exclusion: A Socio-Legal Approach. Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research. VOL. 4, NO. 3. ISSN NO. 2393-8358, 2017.
- Pradhan, Parijat. Agrarian Crisis and Performance of Agriculture Sector. Prajna. VOL. 58, NO.1, ISSN – 0554-9884. 2013.
- Pradhan, Parijat. Domestic Violence and Gender Issues: A Review of Literature. IJCR. VOL.5, NO.12, ISSN NO 2393-8358. 2018.
- Pradhan and Tiwary. Identity and Mobilisation among the Scheduled Castes in the Global Era: A Study of U.P. Interaction. VOL. 35, NO 3. ISSN NO 0970-5554. 2018.
- Pradhan, Parijat. Filling the Unjust Cracks: A Critical View of Social Justice. Psychology and Education. PP. 1067-76. VOL. 58, NO. 4. Scopus Indexed. ISSN – 0033-3077. 2021.
- Pradhan, Parijat. Exploring Rifts in Labour Situation of India: A Case Study of Migrant Labourers. Efflatounia. VOL. 5 NO. 2 ISSN NO. 1110- 8703. PP. 923-34. 2021.
- Pradhan, Parijat 2017. Identity, Assertions and Mobilization: A Study on Scheduled Castes of Varanasi. Blue Buck Publications. New Delhi.
- Saikia and Prasad (ed.) 2017. Dalit Women: A Case of three-tier Discrimination in “Contemporary Indian Society: A Gendered Perspective”. Concept Publishing Company. New Delhi.
- Singh and Upadhyay (ed.) 2020. Gender and Domestic Violence: A Study in Selected Pockets of Bihar in “Towards New India: Trends and Transitions”. Nations Prints. New Delhi.
- Kumar and Parashar (ed.) 2020. Gender, Media and Advertisements: A Sociological Discourse in “Media and Ideology of Development”. R.B.H. Media Designers, New Delhi.
- Bhattacharya and Mishra (ed.) 2019. Women’s Movement in India: Trajectories and Issues in “Gender and Environmental Sustainability: Different Perspectives”. Nikhil Publishers. Agra.
- Awards: Received Junior Research Fellowship from U.G.C. in December 2009.
- Received Damodar Shree Award for National Essay Writing Competition