- Chairperson, Sports & Games Committee, Central University of South Bihar ( from 2017 till date )
- Nodal Officer of NCRI ( National Council of Rural Education, MHRD, Govt. of India ) for academic activities with Central University of South Bihar, India
- Ex-Convener of ISS Research Committee ( RC-25 :Sociology of Sports ), Indian Sociological Society( ISS ),Recognized Academic/Professional body of Sociology at National and International level.
15 years (Besides own academic degree research) Extension / Out Reach Activities : 15 years.
- Organized various Awareness camps, health camps, legal literacy programme for rural people through Women Studies & Research Centre , Banasthali university, Rajasthan.
- Counseling for students and needy women.
- Supervising students’ Field exposure / Rural visit/extension activities at Banasthali University, Rajasthan & CUSB , Bihar.
|College/university||Faculty Position||Experience in years||Class/ Course Taught|
|Central University of South Bihar, Gaya||Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of Development Studies( February 2016 to 18th September ,2019)||5 years||Core Courses(M.A Development Studies ), Core Courses : Research Mathodology : MA Economics,Development Studies,) Elective Course : Social Exclusion & Inclusive Development ( Psychology ,Environment Science,Physics, Mathematics & Development Studies) Elective Course: Sports, Society & Development (BSc.-B. Ed,Media Studies,Environment Sciences, Mathematics ) PhD Development Studies Coursework ( Research Methodology )|
|Banasthali University,Rajasthan||Associate Professor( 2013-2016 ) Asst. Professor Senior/ Lecturer(2008-2013) Senior Lecturer (2005-2008) in Dept. of Sociology & Social Work||10 years||U.G, P.G.,& M.Phil/PhD Sociology Classes, P.G. Diploma (Women& Human Rights),Women in Indian Society(Foundation Course to all UG students Of BanasthaliUniversity(BSc.Biosc./Bio-Tech/B-Tech/Maths , Computer Sc./BSc. Home Sc./B. A ,/BCA,/ BBA) Master in Social Work (M.S.W) Classes, PG Diploma in Women Human Rights Co-coordinator,Women’S Studies & Research Centre ( WSRC) Banasthali University|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi||Asst. Professor, Dept. of Sociology ( 2004-2005)||1 year||U.G& P.G. Classes|
|G.V.Women’s College, ( Bikaner University , Rajasthan)Sangaria Dist. Hanumangarh, Rajasthan||Asst. Professor /Lecturer (2002-2004)||2 Years||U.G& P.G. Classes|
Research (in APA Style)
- Mohapatra, S. ( 2021). We are equal but different: Challenging compulsory heterosexuality by Intersexual female athletes in the world of sport, Sociological Bulletin, Sage Publications 70 ( 2)
- Mohapatra,S.& Singh,M.(2011). Stress amongst adolescent girls in globalize world and strategy for promoting positive attitude towards peaceful and healthy life, International Review of Comparative Sociology 1(2),7-14
- Mohapatra,S.& Singh,M. (2011). Perception of elderly people in contemporary Indian society: A sociological analysis, Indian Journal of Millennium Development Studies,6( 12),191-200
- Mohapatra,S.& Singh,M. (2011). Urban development & squatter eviction in Orissa : A study of Bhubaneswar city, Indian Journal of Social Development,11(2),489-494
- Mohapatra,S.& Singh,M. (2012). Psychological training & mental practice : Strategy for performance enhancement in all sports :A theoretical explanation, Indian Journal of Development Research and Social Action,8(2)
- Mohapatra, S. & Singh, M. (2012). Mainstreaming tribal women through formal education, Deliberative Research,13 ( 1)
- Mohapatra, S. (2002). Sporting culture & world peace, Journal of Peace Studies,9 ( 1)
- Mohapatra, S (1997). Sports women in Orissa, Journal of Centre for Women Development( CENTWOD) Vol.1,Orissa
- Mohapatra, S (1995). Education Vs Sports persons( in vernacular oriya language), Pragati Badi, Oriya Daily Popular News Paper
- Mohapatra, S. & Sharma , A. ( 2011), Indian women in higher education: What should be our mission. In A. Sharma, R. Gerg & S. Mohapatra ( Eds.),Education & Women Empowerment, Palm leaf publications, New Delhi
- Mohapatra, S.(2015)Projection of Women Sportspersons in Media : A Nuanced Form or Liberation from Patriarchy, In Dr. Rina ( Eds.) Global Excellence in Fitness & Sports Science,New Delhi
- Sharma,A.,Garg,R.&Mohapatra,S.( 2011) . Education & Women Empowerment ( Eds.)Palm Leaf Publications, New Delhi, ISBN:978-81-909914-9-0
- Mohapatra,S.( 2012).,Exploring slum children’s lifeworld ,Serials publications, New Delhi. ISBN:978-81-8387-515-8
- Annual Report & Newsletter of Women’s Studies and Research Centre ,Banasthali University, Rajasthan from 2005-06 , 2006-07 ,2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-2011,2011-12 ,2012-13,2013-14,2014-15( As an Editor )
- Students’ Magazine : Srijan—– A new vision ( published by Women’s Studies & Research Centre , Banasthali University, Rajasthan) ,2013-15( As an Editor )
I have successfully completed 6 research projects ( MAJOR/ MINOR & Action Research Project )sponsored by UGC, MGNCRE and have worked in a COLLABORATIVE Research Project with the Govt. of Israel and WSRC ( Women’s Study & Research Centre ) of Banasthali University, Rajasthan. At Present I am holding a major Research Project, Impactful Policy Research in Social Science ( IMPRESS ) awarded by ICSSR-MHRD ( in IMPRESS 1st call ) as a Principal Investigator ( PI) and working on the topic, ‘Effects of Sharab Bandi ( Alcohol Prohibition ) on Women’s Socio-Economic Conditions in Rural Bihar’. Other thrust area of my research are :-Women’s Participation in Sports , Culture of Femininity & Formal Education in Rajasthan, Women’s Sports in Odisha , Women’s Sports participation , Contents of Women’s Studies in various Social Science Disciplines , Reproductive Health Behavioural Patterns of rural women in Rajasthan, Slum Children’s life-world, Slums’ Eviction in Odisha, Elderly issues , Women Human Rights, Intersexuality and LGBT issues, Child Marriage in Rajasthan, Ethnography study of Gadia Lohar in Rajasthan,Tribal Empowerment through Sports in Odisha,Making School Education Effective for Underprivileged Mahadalit School Children in Rural Bihar, Incorporating Sports in School Curriculum etc.
Action Research was conducted for ‘Underprivileged Mahadalit School Children in Villages of Gaya District of Bihar’ as a part of ‘Action Research Project’, Sponsored by ‘Mahatma Gandhi National Institute of Rural Education( MGNCRE), MHRD, Govt. of India, Hyderabad in 2019
Interacting with the respondents at sample village area at Dhadi Panchayat,kothabadi Block ,Purnia District of Bihar, under ongoing ICSSR-IMPRESS Major Research Project on ‘Effects of Sharab Bandi (Alcohol Ban ) on Women’s Socio- Economic Conditions in Rural Bihar’.
- Mohapatra, S. (2002). Sporting culture & world peace, Journal of Peace Studies,9 ( 1)
- Annual Report & Newsletter of Women's Studies and Research Centre ,Banasthali University, Rajasthan from 2005-06 , 2006-07 ,2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-2011,2011-12 ,2012-13,2013-14,2014-15( As an Editor )
- Students’ Magazine : Srijan----- A new vision ( published by Women’s Studies & Research Centre , Banasthali University, Rajasthan) ,2013-15( As an Editor )
- Throughout career 1st Class with Distinctions & National Merit Scholarship holder at +2 ( Intermediate Arts), +3 ( Degree Arts) & P.G. level. Got best 6th rank in University’s topper list in Sociology (Hons) at +3 (Arts),Degree Examination, Utkal University, Odisha and got National Merit Scholarship for pursuing Post Graduate Programme in Sociology at Utkal University.
- ‘ODISHA GAURAV SAMMAN’:-Got the recognition from the Govt. of Odisha in the field of sports ( Badminton ) and received award from the then Chief Minister of Odisha, Late Mr. Janaki Ballabha Patnaik
- Numerous times, I have been honored for becoming State champion in Badminton ( at Junior & Senior Level ) from ‘All Orissa Badminton Association’ and represented Odisha State in National Badminton Championship ( several times at Junior & Senior Level )and have represented Utkal University (Badminton team) as a captain of the University Badminton Team and Runner-up in All India East Zone Inter University Badminton Championship and qualified for ‘All India Inter University Badminton Championship.
- Best Paper Presentation Award in 11th International & 42nd National Conference on ‘Applied Psychology for Peaceful world’ , for the topic: Psychological Training &Mental Practice for Elite Athletes :Strategy for Performance Enhancement in Sports’, organized by Indian Institute of Applied Psychology ( IAAP) &Department of Psychology, Jamia Millia Islamia, University15th-17th Feb 2007, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
|Sl No||Title of Research Project||Type of Project||Duration||Name of Sponsoring Agency|
|1||Contents of Women’s Studies in Various Social Science Disciplines “With special reference to different Universities of Rajasthan.( group Project)||Major ( Group Project)||2007-2008 ( Completed )||UGC ,New Delhi|
|2||Reproductive Health Behavioural patterns among rural women in Rajasthan||MAJOR ( GROUP PROJECT)||2007-2009 ( Completed )||UGC ,New Delhi|
|3||Culture of Femininity’, Sports, & Formal Education: A study of Female Students’ participation in sports in Banasthali University”, Rajasthan.( Individual Project, )||MAJOR ( INDIVIDUAL PROJECT)||2007-2008( Completed )||UGC ,New Delhi|
|4||Reproductive Health Behaviour of Nomadic Tribes (Gadia Lohar & Banjara) Of Rajasthan.||Collaborative Research Project ( Group Project)||2008-2011 ( Completed )||GOVT. Of Israel & WSRC, Banasthali University , Rajasthan|
|5||Trend Report on Status of Women in Rajasthan with reference to Gender related Development Indicators. ( no more a part of Project since I left Banasthali and joined in CUSB in 2016)||MAJOR ( GROUP Project)||2014-2015 ( Completed )||UGC ,New Delhi|
|6||Gadia Lohar :– A Nomadic Community ( An Ethnographic study in Tonk District of Rajasthan)||MAJOR GROUP Project ( left )||Since 2015---Going on ( I am no more a part of Project since I left Banasthali and joined in CUSB in 2016)||UGC ,New Delhi|
|7||Making School Education Effective for Underprivileged Mahadalit School Children in Rural Bihar through Incorporating Sports in the Curriculum: An Innovative Action Research in Three Villages of Gaya District||Micro Action Research Project ( Individual )||Completed on May ,2019||MGNCRE( Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education),MHRD,HYDERABAD|
|8||Effects of 'Sharab Bandi' (Alcohol Prohibition) on Women’s Socio- Economic Conditions in Rural Bihar||IMPRESS (Impactful Policy Research in Social Science)Major Research Project||Awarded on July 2019Project is still going on…||ICSSR, MHRD, New Delhi|
|Teaching||Subjects/ Courses Taught||From||To|
|MPhil Level||Sociological Approaches & Thinkers||2012||2015|
|P.G level||Sociology ( Sociological thinkers, Research Methodology)||2004||2015|
|Women Studies ( Interdisciplinary course offered by Women’s Studies & Research Centre Of Banasthali University) for Sociology, Pol. Science, Economics, History and Psychology Students of Banasthali University||2005||2015|
|MSW Course ( Women empowerment , Family Issues and Concern: Children , Women and Elderly, Feminist Thought )||2010||2013|
|U.G level||Sociology ( Indian Society ,Social Change and social problem s,Research methodology, Sociological Thinkers to Honours and pass students ,Sociological concepts, Pol. Sociology||2004||2013|
|Foundation Course ‘Women in Indian Society’ to ( B.A/B.H.Sc,/B.Sc./BCA, B. Tech, Bio-Tech/Bio. Science,/BBA students B.Des||2005||2015|
|P.G. Diploma Certificates||Women & Human Rights P.G Diploma Course , offered by Women’s Studies & Research Centre of Banasthali University ( Feminist Thought)||2009||2013|
|PhD||Course Work & Research Supervision||2012||2021|
|PG level||Post-Colonial Perspectives of Development||2016|
|Strategies for Social Intervention,|
|Gender & Development|
|Social Exclusion & Inclusive Development as an Elective Course (4 Credit) ,offered by the Dept. of Development Studies under CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) for students of other disciplines.|
|Anthropology/ Sociology and Development|
|Rural Development & Community Engagements|
|‘Sports, Society & Development’, as an Elective Course (4 Credit) offered by the Dept. of Development Studies under CBCS (Choice Based Credit System) for students of other disciplines /programmes .|
Sports , Society & Development: - I developed this 4 credit Elective Course Contents at PG level programme of Development Studies , under CBCS ( Choice Based Credit System) .As per CBCS system, the students of other Disciplines can also opt this course offered by the Centre for Development Studies.
As a member of Course Development Committee, I have also assisted in developing the Course contents of different Programmes in Banasthali University, Rajasthan as follows:-
- P.G. Diploma in ‘Women’s Human Rights’ (Interdisciplinary course): Course commenced under Sociology Department in 2009-2010 academic year.
- M.S.W. Programmes commenced in the year 2010-2011 under Women’s Study Centre.
- Compulsory Foundation Course ( Women in Indian Society ) for UG Students of Banasthali ( B.A, B.A.Scs., B.Sc. ( Computer, Math ), B.Tech, Bio-Science/ Bio-Tech , B. Pharma &B.B.A. students )
- I am associated with , ‘Special Olympics ,Bharat’, an International Organization and I have also contributed my keen efforts in organizing a national level competition/tournament and workshop for mentally challenged children in “Vasant-Valley School’ ,New Delhi in the year 2005 for mentally challenged children
- Radio Talk:- I participated in the discussion in a radio programme broadcasted by Banasthali Community Radio, FM radio station on 28th August, 2015. The programme generated awareness on Human Rights issues pertaining to LGBT Rights.