Specialization : Molecular Medicine, Transcriptomics, Functional Genomics, Microarray data analysis
Experience : 8-Years
Dr. Singh has worked on Breast and colon cancer project where he developed gene signature predictive of response to hormonal neoadjuvant treatment. Currently he is analysing genomics and transcriptomic data to infer gene interaction landscape of diabetic patients. He is also involved in analysing of common genetic variants in age stratified population for possible association with diabetes. The long term research inters test of Dr. Singh is to develop bioinformatics pipelines to automate the clinical report generation from genomic data (WGS/WES) .
- Publications (Last 5 Years) :
- Prasanna P, Kumar R, Singh VK, Upadhyay A. Cloning, purification, and homology modeling of Histone deacetylase in Leishmania donovani. Infect Genet Evol. 2021 Jan 29;89:104738.
- Singh P, Khan A, Kumar R, Kumar R, Singh VK, Srivastava A. Recent developments in siderotyping: procedure and application. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2020 Oct 31;36(12):178.
- Kumar R, Ojha KK, Kushwaha P, Singh VK. Muscle biopsies differ in relation to expression 0of fiber-type specific genes. J Diabetol. 2020. 11(3); 198-203.
- Rai NK, Mathur S, Singh SK, Tiwari M, Singh VK, Haque R, Tiwari S, Kumar Sharma L. Differential regulation of mitochondrial complex I and oxidative stress based on metastatic potential of colorectal cancer cells. Oncol Lett. 2020 Dec;20(6):313.
- 5. Fusella F, Seclì L, Busso E, Krepelova A, Moiso E, Rocca S, Conti L, Annaratone L, Rubinetto C, Mello-Grand M, Singh V, Chiorino G, Silengo L, Altruda F, Turco E, Morotti A, Oliviero S, Castellano I, Cavallo F, Provero P, Tarone G, Brancaccio M. The IKK/NF-κB signaling pathway requires Morgana to drive breast cancer metastasis. Nat Commun. 2017 Nov 21;8(1):1636.
- Tiwari N, Kumar V, Gedda MR, Singh AK, Singh VK, Gannavaram S, Singh SP, Singh RK. Identification and Characterization of miRNAs in Response to Leishmania donovani Infection: Delineation of Their Roles in Macrophage Dysfunction. Front Microbiol. 2017 Mar 2;8:314.
- Book : Kumar R, Ojha KK and Singh VK. Introduction to molecular modelling and structure prediction. Nova Science publisher. [submitted]
- Awards :
- Projects :
- Identification of molecular species having potential to interact with insulin for receptor binding. Funding agency : SERB, duration 3 years. Sanction year : 2016.
- Gene interaction landscape inferred from expression data to search for diabetes effector molecules. Funding agency : ICMR, Duration - 3 Years, Sanction Year 2021.