Grievance Redressal Committee for Students
The University has constituted a mechanism for the redressal of the grievances of Students of the University. As mentioned in detail in the University Ordinance-16, the Grievances Committee shall observe the following general principles:
- The Campus Community should be made fully aware of the grievance redressal mechanism;
- Every grievance from the student/staff should be registered and acknowledged;
- If a final decision is not possible within a fortnight, an acknowledgement should be sent to the applicant along with an indication as to when he can expect a final reply;
- As a matter of general rule no grievances should be pending beyond the limit of three months;
- The officer nominated by the Vice-Chancellor and the person responsible for addressing grievances should make himself freely available to hear the grievances personally, at least once a week at fixed timings; and
- He will take decisions on grievances which are pending for more than three months. Aggrieved parties who are not satisfied with redressal in subordinate/attached formation can approach the Vice-Chancellor for a decision.
- The Executive Council will consider and approve the regulation framed by the respective Grievance Redressal Committee for the speedy and efficient disposal of grievances. will consider and approve the regulation framed by the respective Grievance Redressal Committee for the speedy and efficient disposal of grievances.
To hear the grievances personally, the students can meet any of the members on office hours during working days with prior appointment.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS
Constitution of Committee
Write to Us