: 5-Years. I have been engaged in teaching Post Graduates and Undergraduates from 2019 Aug to till todate.
Dr. Mahender Khatravath was born and brought from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana state from India, he did his M.Sc. Organic chemistry from Osmania university in 2010. subsequently, in 2011 he joined in professor Prabhat Arya group at the Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences (DRILS), an associate institute of the University of Hyderabad to pursue his Ph.D. During his doctoral studies, he worked on the synthesis of C1-C13 and C14-C21 fragments of Eribulin, a synthetic analogue of halichondrin, which was approved by FDA for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. post his PhD in 2016, he was awarded DST-SERB-National post-doctoral fellowship, and joined Dr. D. Srinivasa Reddy research group at National Chemical Laboratory (Pune), to work on natural product called anthracimycin which is an active agent against the Bacillus anthracis. Further, in 2017 he moved to Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (Hyderabad) where he worked with Dr. Ch. Raji Reddy as a post-doctoral fellow to work on development of new synthetic methodologies for pyridine derivatives. After post-doctoral studies he joined in Transcell Oncologics Pvt. Ltd, as a research scientist where he was actively involved in the medicinal chemistry programme to invent new leads for the undruggable targets (K-RAS, C-myc, and Wnt). In 2019 Dr. Mahender Khatravath has joined as an assistant professor at the deportment chemistry (CUSB). And his research interests are synthesis of bio-active natural products, development of new synthetic methodologies, and he is more passionate to undertake projects at the interface of modern Organic Synthesis and Chemical Biology.
- Applications of Ethynylanilines as Substrates for Construction of Indoles and Indole-Substituted Derivatives, Omkar S. Kamble, Mahender Khatravath*, and Rambabu Dandela* ChemistrySelect 2021, 6, 7408– 27
- Facile access to [1,2]-oxazine derivatives via annulations of aminoxy-tethered 1,7-enynes Raji Reddy Chada, Roshan Chandrakant Kajare, Mayur C. Bhandari, Siddique Z. Mohammed, Mahender Khatravath, Kamalkishor Warudikarab and Nagender Punna. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2021,19, 809-821
- A Practical and Stereoselective Approaches for Building the C14-C21 Fragment of Eribulin. Dr. Naveen Kumar Mallurwar, Dr. Mahender Khatravath*, Dr. Saidulu Konda, Dr. Thanusha Thatikonda, Prof. Javed Iqbal and Prof. Prabhat Arya. ChemistrySelect. 2021, 6, 798-801(Doi/10.1002/slct.202004001)
- Stereoselective Approaches for Building the C14-C21 Fragment of Eribulin, Mahender Khatravath, Naveen Kumar Mallurwar, Saidulu Konda and Prabhat Arya, Tetrahedron Lett. 2019, 60, 150915, Corresponding author (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tetlet.2019.07.006).
- Macrocyclic Toolbox from C-Linked Carbohydrates Identifies Antiangiogenesis Agents from Zebrafish Assay. Jogula, S.; Dasari, B.; Khatravath, M.; Chandrasekar, G.; Kitambi, S. S.; Arya, P., Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 23, 5036–5040
- Stereoselective Synthesis of C27-C35 Eribulin Fragment and its Utilization in Building structurally Diverse Macrocycles, Saidulu Konda, Mahender Khatravath, Naveen Kumar Mallurwar, and Prabhat Arya, Synthesis 2016, 48, 1663-1683. (special topic: target-oriented synthesis of complex molecules)
- A Directed Transformation of Stem Cells to Neurons by Furan-based Macrocyclic Small Molecules: Validation by RNA Transcriptomic Analysis, Naveen Kumar Mallurwar, Mahender Khatravath, Saidulu Konda, Anand Soorneedi, Saidulu Konda, Gaddam Jagan, Pallavi Rao, Ranjith Indarapu, Sameer Phalke, Anup Chugani, Sivaraman Karthikeyan, Madhumohan, Subhadra Dravida, Javed Iqbal and Prabhat Arya, 2019, Manuscript under preperation.
- Design and synthesis of heterocyclic-derived macrocyclic compounds and their application as the direct converters of human mesenchymal stem cells to neurons Gaddam J.; Soorneedi, A.; Mahender Khatravath.; Dravida, S.; Arya, P. Manuscript under preperation.
- Gaddam, J.; Mallurwar, N.K.; Khatravath, M.; Konda, S.; Aeluri, M.; Mitra, P.; Arya, P. “Ring Closing Metathesis-based Methods in Chemical Biology: Building A Natural Product-Inspired Macrocyclic Toolbox for Undertaking Protein-Protein Interactions” in Practical Medicinal Chemistry with Macrocycles: Design, Synthesis, and Case Studies” E. Marsault, M. L. Peterson. ISBN: 978-1-119-09256-8
- 2011 Junior Research Fellow (JRF), by CSIR-India
- 2013 Senior Research Fellow (SRF), by CSIR-India
- 2016 SERB-National Post-Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF), DST-SERB India
- 2015 Won the best oral presentation award at the international conference on “Trend Setting Innovations in Chemical Sciences & Technology – Applications in Pharma Industry” that was held at JNTUH, Hyderabad, India, December 2015.