My research work is assessing biologically important isoforms of protein hormones released from pituitary glands and found in biological fluids. A second area of my interest is cellular physiology of Malaria Parasite with main focus on components of nucleocytoplasmic transport their role in Malaria Parasite survival.
- Chandra G, Patel S, Panchal M, Singh DV.S-Adenosyl-L-homocysteine Hydrolase: Its Inhibitory Activity Against Plasmodium Falciparum And Development Of Malaria Drugs.(2021) Mini-Reviews In Medicinal Chemistry. DOI: 10.2174/1389557521666201218155321.
- Yelamanchi SD, Tyagi A, Mohanty V, Dutta P, Korbonits M, Chavan S, Advani J, Madugundu AK, Dey G, Datta KK, Rajyalakshmi M, Sahasrabuddhe NA, Chaturvedi A, Kumar A, Das AA, Ghosh D, Jogdand GM, Nair HH, Saini K, Panchal M, Sarvaiya MA, Mohanraj SS, Sengupta N, Saxena P, Subramani PA, Kumar P, Akkali R, Reshma SV, Santhosh RS, Rastogi S, Kumar S, Ghosh SK, Irlapati VK, Srinivasan A, Radotra BD, Mathur PP, Wong GW, Satishchandra P, Chatterjee A, Gowda H, Bhansali A, Pandey A, Shankar SK, Mahadevan A, and Prasad TSK (2018). Proteomic Analysis of the Human Anterior Pituitary Gland OMICS A Journal of Integrative Biology Vol 22, Number 12.
- 3. Chaudhary R, Panchal M, Muralidhar. A Simple Method to Purify Growth and Milk Enhancing Hormones (Growth Hormone and Prolactin) In High Yield From the Pituitary Glands of Indian Domestic Goats (Capra hircus). (2018). IOSR Journal Of Pharmacy (e)-ISSN: 2250-3013, (p)-ISSN: 2319-4219 Volume 8, Issue 4 Version. II, PP. 35-44
- Rawat K, Kibria KM, Panchal M, Dacks JB, Mohmmed A, Tuteja R, Malhotra P. Protein transport mechanisms in Plasmodium falciparum as novel anti-malarial drug targets. (2015) Tropical Medicine & International Health volume 20 suppl. 1 pp 120.
- Kibria KM, Rawat K, Klinger CM, Datta G, Panchal M, Singh S, Rajendran G, Kaur I, Sharma V, Dacks JB, Mohmmed A, Malhotra P. (2015) A role for adaptor protein complex 1 in protein targeting to rhoptry organelles in Plasmodium falciparum. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 1853 699–710.
- Panchal M, Rawat K, Kumar G, Kibria KM, Singh S, Kalamuddin M, Mohmmed A, Malhotra P, Tuteja R. Plasmodium falciparum signal recognition particle components and anti-parasitic effect of ivermectin in blocking nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling of SRP. (2014) Cell Death Dis. 16;5:e994. doi: 10.1038/cddis.2013.521.
- Vashistha N, Panchal M, Dighe R, Muralidhar K. (2013) Buffalo Pituitary Gonadotropins: Characterization of Bacterially Expressed Recombinant Alpha and Hormone Specific Beta Subunits. World J Life Sci Medical Res, 3(1), 1-7.
- Panchal M, Muralidhar K. Purification and biological characterization of bacterially expressed recombinant buffalo prolactin. (2010) Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 40 (04): 276 - 285.
- Panchal M, K. Muralidhar. Purification of Monomeric Prolactin Charge Isoform from Buffalo Pituitaries. (2008) Preparative Biochemistry & Biotechnology, 38: 94-104.
- Panchal M, Muralidhar K, Gupta SK. A Sensitive Sandwich ELISA for Buffalo Prolactin. (2007) Journal of Immunoassay & Immunochemistry, 28:147-154.
- Pramod VP, Chaube SK, Panchal M, Chaudhary R, Muralidhar K, Rohil V, Kumari GL, Kumar A, Ashish B, Murthy GS, Srivastav TG. (2007) Molecular dissection of an hCGβ epitope using single –step solid phase radioimmunoassay. Clinica Chimica Acta, 376 (1), 52-59.
- Kaur S, Panchal M, Mohd. F, Madan V, Nangia P, Mallick BN. (2004) Long term blocking of GABA A receptor in locus coeruleus by bilateral microinjection of picrotoxin reduced rapid eye movement sleep and increased brain NaK ATPase activity in freely moving normally behaving rats. Behavioral Brain Reseach, 151: 185-190.
DBT-Post Doctoral Fellow 2008, INSA visiting Scientist 2017