EXPERIENCE : Dr. Das Ambika Bharti has received her Ph.D. degree (Psychology), M. A. (Psychology) and B.A. (Hon’s) in Psychology from Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi. Dr. Das Ambika Bharti joined the Department of Psychological Science, School of Human Sciences, Central University of South Bihar, Gaya, in 2011 as Assistant Professor. She has experience of teaching and research spanning over 10 years. Her fields of specialization are health/clinical psychology and positive psychology. She has supervised many students at master’s level and few at PhD level. She has also received University Grant Commission (UGC) Lectureship in Psychology and UGC Research fellowship- CRET-BHU for doing research in Psychology at BHU.
She teaches papers of Research Methodology, Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology, Cognitive Psychology and Social Psychology at master’s and PhD level.
She has been invited to deliver lectures in national and international conferences. She has also organised workshops for University students on topics like Behavioural skills for effective living, Emotional growth with assertiveness, Mental Health: Common myths & reality and Self-awareness and communication.
She is a life member of National Academy of Psychology.
She is also the editorial board member of the journal Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, Science Publishing Group USA.
She is the member of the reviewer team of the journal Humanities and Social Science Studies (ISSN: 2319-829X)
Dr. Das Ambika Bharti works in the interface of Health and Clinical Psychology. She has done research on topics like positive interventions for emotional growth of cardiac patients, psychological wellbeing, coping, satisfaction with life among orphanage, psychological well-being of women, youth, emotional states and psychological well-being of cancer patients.
- Kumar, K. S. & Bharti, A. D. (2021) Depression, Anxiety and Stress Among Arsenic-Induced Cancer Patients in Indo-Gangetic Plains of Bihar: Role of Proactive Coping, International Quarterly of Community Health Education, First Published online July 13, 2021; Sage publishing, doi.org/10.1177/0272684X211033460
- Kumar, K. S. & Bharti, A. D. (2020). Perceived stress and psychological wellbeing: The moderating role of proactive coping. Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 46 (2), 211-220. ISSN 0019-4247
- Kumar, K. S. & Bharti, A. D. (2018). Gender differences in psychological wellbeing: A comparative study among Indian youth. Indian Journal of Psychological Sciences, 9(2), 127-134. ISSN -0976-9218
- Kumar, K. S. & Bharti, A. D. (2018). Role of proactive coping in psychological wellbeing of healthy Indian youth. Journal of Indian Health Psychology, 12 (2), 76-90. ISSN- 0973-5755
- Bharti, A. D. &Mukhopadhyay, A. (2012). Emotion Regulation, Rumination and Quality of Life: A Comparison of Type D and non-Type D Hypertensive. Journal of Indian Health Psychology, 6 (2), 143-152.
- Bharti, A. D., & Mukhopadhyay, A. (2011). Role of Positive Emotion in Human Flourishing. International Journal of Global Values, 2 (1), 177-191.
- Bharti, A. D. &Mukhopadhyay, A. (2011). Rumination and Deficient Positive Affectivity as Predictors of Quality of Life among Hypertensive Patient. Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 38 (2), 141-150.
- Bharti, A. D. &Mukhopadhyay, A. (2012). Positive Intervention among Hypertensive Patients. In S. Ojha (Ed.), Positive Psychology: Emerging Issues, 2, (pp.381-390). New Delhi: Shree Publishers & Distributors. ISBN No.: 978-81-8329-473-79 (Book Chapter).
- Kumar, K. S. & Bharti, A. D. (2021) Arsenic exposure: Sources, Menace and risk management. In Chitra, V. S. & Balamurali, R. S. (Eds.) Rejuvenating Environmental Studies: A Multidisciplinary Approach; (Chapter-12, pp: 92-96) Delhi, India: Upanayan Publications, ISBN No.: 978-81-949250-4-0 (Book Chapter)
- Awards :
- UGC Research fellowship- CRET-BHU
- BEST PAPER AWARDS
- In the International Conference on Recent Advances in Cognitive Sciences held in the Department of Psychology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi on December, 2010.
- In the National Conference on Guidance & Counselling for the Stress-Ridden Youth: The Present Day need of the Society held in Department of Psychology, Arya Mahila P.G. College, Varanasi on November, 2010.
- For an empirical research paper entitled "Hypertension among Type D patients: Cognitive restructuring an intervention approach at national conference on- Current concerns and emerging areas of application of counselling organised by Department of Psychology (SAP-DRS-I), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi on February, 2013
- Member of Academic Council, Central University of South Bihar (2016- 2019.)
- Member of Expert committee for drafting syllabus of common courses (Quantitative Level I, II, III) for Integrated M.Phil-Ph D programme at Central University of South Bihar in 2012.
- Member of Board of Studies in Psychological Sciences, Central University of South Bihar
- Member of Board of Examination (BoE) for MA programme in Psychology.
- Member of Expert committee for drafting syllabus of Psychology related courses for Four year Integrated B.A./ B. BSc. B Ed programme at Central University of South Bihar in 2012.
- Member of Anti- Ragging squad constituted by Central University of South Bihar.
- Member-Coordinator of Cultural Committee constituted by Central University of South Bihar (2014-15)
- Member University Sports Committee constituted by Central University of South Bihar (2012-13)
- Member of hostel allotment committee at Central University of South Bihar (2011-13)
- Chairperson of Child-Care Leave committee of the University.