Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established IIC-Institute Innovation Cell to foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of IIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes. More details can be accessed at MoE Innovation cell https://mic.gov.in/innovation-council/iic
As described in MoE Innovation cell website, the function of IIC are as follows:
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.