Area of Interest :
Pedagogy of Mathematics, Educational Statistics, Distance Education and Open Learning
EXPERIENCE : Dr. Kumar is working as Assistant Professor at Schools of Education, Central University of South Bihar, Gaya from 08.12.2016 to till date. He has more than twelve years of teaching experience at UG and PG level. His major research area is as Mathematical Aptitude, Mathematical Epistemological Beliefs and Mathematics Education. He has published more than 10 research papers in UGC care listed and approved journals. The area of his teaching is Pedagogy of Mathematics, Educational Statistics, Distance Education and Open Learning. He has participated more than 35 national seminars, workshops and conferences in the capacity of participants as well as resource person. He is also working in different committees of DTE, SoE, Central University of South Bihar, Gaya. Additionally, he has also performed the responsibility of an ‘Observer’ in CUCET-2017. Presently he is working on the mathematical epistemological beliefs of student-teachers. He has acquired eight years teaching experience in B.Ed. at Chander Kalan, Tohana from 01.09.2007 to 04.09.2015 and more than four months teaching experience in B.Ed. at Jamalpur Sheikhan, Tohana from 24.02.2016 to 13.08.2016.
- Studies on the relationship of academic achievement in mathematics of 7th class students and their study habits and determined a significant relationship between mathematics academic achievement and study habits of students.
- Attitude of student-teachers was explored towards four year integrated teacher education programme. Study revealed that student-teachers of different surroundings have the positive attitude towards four year integrated teacher education programme.
- A study was conducted on the relationship between mathematical aptitude and achievement motivation of secondary school students. It concluded that there is no significant difference between the mathematical aptitude of urban and rural students.
- A study was also explored on the epistemological beliefs of secondary school mathematics teachers towards mathematics. The study highlights that PGT mathematics teachers have the more mathematical epistemological beliefs in comparison to TGT mathematics teachers. Also, Mathematical epistemological beliefs of mathematics teachers is a predictor of students’ academic achievements in mathematics.
- Bala, M. & Kumar, K. (2015) Strengths of ICT for peace and nonviolence. Indian Streams Research Journal, 4(12), 1-11.
- Kumar, K. (2017) A comparative study of academic achievement in Mathematics of 7th class students in relation to study habits. Emerging Trends in Social Sciences, 6(23-24), 48-52.
- Kumar, K. (2018) Child labour and education: An analytical study. Emerging Trends in Social Sciences, 7(25), 106-110.
- Kumar, K. & Kumar. J. (2019) Attitude of student-teachers towards four year integrated teacher education programme. Think India Journal, 22(10), 1536-1546.
- Kumar, K. & Kumari. M. (2019) A study of mathematical aptitude of students in relation to achievement motivation at secondary level. Think India Journal, 22(14), 7936-7947.
- Kumar, K. & Kumar. R. (2020) A study of epistemological beliefs of mathematics teachers of secondary schools towards mathematics. Shodh Sanchar Bulletin, 10(39), 178-184.
- Projects: No.